Friday, December 12, 2008

My karthigai! :)



HAPPY KARTHIGAI!


And this is how my day went on while celebrating karthigai all on my own.

I made more kozhambu (with "pakodi" thaan), beans paruppusili, lemon rasam, tomato pachadi, cucumber salad and ulundhu vadai.
My first venture with making special items :). It went on well, except for some "flop shows" now and then... But at the end, I was happy with the result!

I would rate vadai to be (s)/(b)addest thing of all.... as I m no expert in this line! But paruppusili was nice... as I ve made it many times now.

And in the evening, my venture with appam started. The only trick here is to get the correct "padam" (consistency), which I didnt know!

So, I started making appams which came like boondis... Just as I was about to give up after 4-5 attempts, I thought, let me give it one last try and Here! I got it... was so happy. Made about 15 appams. Then had to light diyas and pray God for a "bright" future and then the best part of it! eating those appams... Frankly yaar, not bad...:)

Overall, this was an eventful karthigai. :)

1 comment:

  1. kalakkarae prabha...samyal queen nu oru reality show veikalaam......[:-)]...Nice to see that your r good at cooking dishes like this....

    ReplyDelete